Thursday, November 07, 2013

Day 7, Thankful for my Christmas Cards!

Every year I paint my Christmas cards, it has become a tradition of sorts for me. I love doing something unique that no one else has and send out a card that I have painted and designed. Some years they are fine art paintings and some years they are whimsical but they are always done with love! It is like sending a little gift to each person I mail too. By creating my own card I am able to add some photos and a paragraph about our little yearly vacation. I think the biggest challenge every year is to be able to settle in on a design, paint it, get it edited and off to the printer early enough so I have to start early. Today is that day, the day I finished up my Christmas cards of 2013! I was able to get them off in time to use a 40% off coupon too! Yeahhh for me!! Here is my Day 6 create everyday challenge piece!

I went a bit whimsical this year, using collage and paints and stamps and papers even buttons!

5 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

I was telling someone about your wonderful artwork the other day. This is such a lovely piece. Thank you for posting!

Cindy Cooksey said...

I have made my own cards a few times. It is extra work, but your wonderful card inspires me!

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks so much Beth and Cindy, so nice to hear from you both!

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks so much Beth and Cindy, so nice to hear from you both!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails