Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 14, New Beginnings!

Today was day 2 of an organizing class I am taking. It was all about accessing the mess, wow, there was a lot to access too. I think for most artists it is a constant struggle to make art and keep things organized. I find that my house often resembles a war zone before I go to a trade show. There is so much to do and no time to clean up after myself! I am hoping to get things better organized so I can be more productive. I am looking forward to starting the new year organized. So that is a new beginning of sorts and then there is Bryce. Bryce is my new grandson that is not here yet but is arriving the day after Thanksgiving! Our youngest daughter Melissa, is ready to pop! I always paint my grandkids murals for their rooms and this time Melissa is doing frogs. Today I did some preliminary sketches and tomorrow I will paint the murals on masonite and Randy will cut them out. This way they can be moved or removed when they are ready to change them out. I can also give them to someone else. Here are my sketches for the newest baby's room. I will post the finished paintings hopefully tomorrow!






 Trying to decide if I want the eyes on the top of the antenna or on the head, what do you think?
These are all really rough sketches but they are my create everyday challenge for day 14. I am so thankful for new beginnings and new grand babies!

2 comments:

Martha said...

I like the eyes on top of the anteana. Organized? If I did that I'd never find anything again. It's all a mess, but since it's my mess I know right where things are.

Joan Tavolott said...

These should make an adorable decoration for the baby's room. Can't wait to see what you create from these sketches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails