Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dinner with Friends


I invited Marta and Rudy over for dinner last night. The weather was getting quite blustery and waited to hear if Marta had to work or not. They arrived about 6ish and she brought me a beautiful colander from the cooking store, filled with lemons and blood oranges from her tree. We had a wonderful dinner. Randy braved the elements to barbecue our steaks and I made rice pilaf and a salad. We sat and talked about their trip to Europe over some wine and dinner. It was such a wonderful relaxing evening, dreaming about all those exotic places that they got to see. Cheers! I am so excited to get two more pieces of fruit for my fruit series! Thanks Marta and Rudy! Here is the sketch of my gift with fruit, done in my handmade watercolor sketch book!

9 comments:

mARTa said...

This is so juicy! My lemons are really getting around!!! Rudy and I had a wonderful evening with the two of you. Thank you so much for having us. We need to to do this again soon and this time we'll make Rudy brave the elements!!!

Ai said...

They really are juicy. I love the contrast lemon & orange colors with the colander chrome. Ai

Anita Davies said...

Such a delicate painting Desiree, lovely work!

caseytoussaint said...

I'm jealous of you two getting to enjoy each other's company! I'm going to come visit one of these days! This is a really lovely watercolor of what looks to be a gorgeous present.

Wendee said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. The painting is lovely, too! And a handmade w/c sketchbook? Did you make it? Something I need to do moreof - work with my hands. Hope you are doing well! xox

Genine said...

Great painting, and it sounds like a wonderful evening.

Sandy said...

What a lovely sketch and it sounds like a lovely evening all around!!

Desiree's Designs said...

Hi everyone, thanks for the wonderful comments. We did have a great time! Casey, anytime you can come Marta and I both have extra rooms, you are welcome. Wendee, I did make the book. Marta taught a group of us basic book binding at a quilt camp and we made books. It was great fun,we got to pick out all of our own papers and covers so everyones was different.

sandy said...

Wow.....wow..

beautiful.

sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails