Saturday, May 24, 2014

The rules for being a mermaid

Did you know that there were rules for being a mermaid, I was given strict instructions about them from my granddaughters. The first rule is, when they get into the water they become that magical creature, a mermaid.

They are able to swim underwater with a beautiful imaginary fish tail.  They fight off predators and even cook dinner for each other. But what I love the most, as I listening to them play, is that they are totally absorbed in their world.   Its that imagination, that ability to envision themselves living their dream. I think that is what is so magical about being young, the freedom to just believe our dreams.  Not caring about what anyone thinks. Learning to love each moment of the journey, its huge.

So today, I am sitting in the sun, poolside, talking to some Mermaids…..

Sharing this priceless moment with them.





 I hope you are living your dreams with that unique spark that makes you, you.

A dreamer that learned early on she just needed to sew herself a tail!






1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all had that imagination!! Yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails