Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sometimes it just works!!

I have been working on some art box paintings for our new release and realized I had to redo some of them do to the fact that my museum wrapped canvases were of lesser quality than the others I bought. A bit frustrated and discouraged I headed back to my studio to work through the problem. I drew up a bunch of different images and ideas I had but nothing seemed right, it just didn't do it for me. I remembered that I had thought of something the night before and thought that I should make one up before deciding to do all 6. I drew up my idea and then transferred it to fabric, and as though a miracle happened, it all seemed to come together for me. It happens every now and then but I was so excited about this project! It is so me! I started with my design,transferred it to fabric and then painted it, adding details here and there. I am so excited to share it with you, although I have many others to do still. This is my "garden girl" which is so me! I hope you like her as much as I do!
A variation of this design will be available as part of my newest art box line, November 1st, 2012. Look for it at www.artboxcsa.com

2 comments:

bellefrogworks said...

Beautiful! It does work

Joan Tavolott said...

Lovely!!! You are so creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails