Friday, September 28, 2012

My last class at The Fabric Patch, sad to see you go!

This week I taught my last class at the Fabric Patch, sadly, after many many years they are closing. For some reason I just always thought they would be there, they were one of the first quilt shops I discovered as a new quilter. Carolyn Reese owned it then, she is the brains behind "Road to California"  and when she decided to sell the store and concentrate on the show we saw it change over to a wonderful new owner. But like everything in life, things change and ready or not, it happens.  Good luck to everyone that has enriched my life somehow over the years. It was sad seeing the empty shelves as the students arrived but the spirit in the shop remained up and positive.

I had a wonderful class, filled with 14 amazing students. Sometimes I have a class where they seize the moment and jump in with both feet. It was great to see them all having such fun exploring the fun of colored pencils, watercolor pencils and inktense pencils on fabric. They start with a smaller block to get the feel of the pencils and pressure and the sealer, then when they are feeling like they are ready and have picked their favorite colors they move on and start the bigger block. They had some amazing results and I was inspired by them, as I often am by my students. They each approach it uniquely and so I benefit from seeing all the different approaches to the same technique! Thank you to all my students for a great day and to The Fabric Patch!


















Its always so much fun to be able to relax, paint, and just color with a group of other women! The time flew by as we had tons of fun creating!

6 comments:

Eleana said...

Hey u were in my neck of the woods. miss you, i am coming back. slowly but surely. i know the lady with the purple hair she showed me her work. yesterday at guild.

Eleana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eleana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eleana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Desiree's Designs said...

I deleted the multiple posts, I don't know why that happens. I was near you! I miss seeing you and hope all is well. I see you are spending lots of time with your grandkids, me too! Would love to see you some time and I am so glad Betsy had fun, she is really talented! You are the second person that told me she was telling people she had a good class! Thanks, I love to hear that!

Marilyn Fromherz said...

How wonderful to have such a great class. I have used those pencils since they first came out and love them. Even living so far out, I still visit the FP for their wonderful fabric and " fun stuff",it will be missed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails