Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Plein Air Paint Out 2012




Well, I don't know if you remember when I posted last year about the Plein air paint out I had signed up for. I didn't really paint plein air and he'd thrown myself into the middle of this huge contest with very good plein air painters. It went ok and I managed to survive thanks to my Sherpa Randy and number one fan, Jennifer who went everywhere with me. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I am once again painting in the Plein air paint out 2012! This year required because I am now on the board! Don't ask. I don't know what happened but I couldn't get anything to turn out. Then the more I struggled the more frustrated I became and it went from nice to just a dreaded, frustrating experience. We were given some extra painting days and last weekend, the weather was wonderful and Jennifer, Peggy and Chloe decided to go and paint at the Citrus Heritage Park again. The orange trees filling the air with their amazing fragrance because the trees were just heavy with blooms. This is a better fit for me than standing on a busy street corner trying to paint. I finally managed to paint something that turned out good enough to put in the exhibit! Some members will have the daunting task of having to choose just one of their many paintings for the show but I know exactly what I am putting in! Phew!


- Desiree

3 comments:

Marilyn Fromherz said...

I can imagine how frustrating Plein Air Painting would be - I have trouble enough indoors! This is a really nice piece.

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks Marilyn, trying,today they are painting at the Greek church that is beautiful. I am thinking I don't want to fight the weather. I guess I am a wimpy plein aire painter!

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks Marilyn, trying,today they are painting at the Greek church that is beautiful. I am thinking I don't want to fight the weather. I guess I am a wimpy plein aire painter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails