Thursday, January 27, 2011

Postcards from our walks- Sharing Art Globally

I belong to an amazing group of international artists who live in wonderful, dreamy places around the world. The group is called "Sketchersize", started by a renowned artist and blogger, Katherine Tyrrell. You might have seen Katherines Tyrrell's post on her well traveled site "Making the Mark" about the group and our newest venture. It is called "Postcards from my Walk" featuring the postcards we will be sending each other over the next year, there are 14 of us participating.  We exercise by walking or hiking and somehow manage to sketch along the way. It is so exciting to see all the wonderful places that these cards will be traveling from. Currently, on the blog, each of us are introducing ourselves, a different person each day. Everyone sharing a glimpse of an artists life in different parts of the world. Get to know more about these extrodinary artists, each so different and talented by visiting daily. Cathy Gatland was kind enough to design our "logo" and its perfect. I will add it to the sidebar with a link to the site. A special thanks to Ronell Van Wyk for her hard work in organizing the group and getting us going! I hope you will follow the journey of our art around the world!

2 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

I am so glad that I came across your blog through another blogger's page! I love your sketches especially- I want to get back to sketching and am finding it more difficult than painting!
Sheryl

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks Mermaid, I hope you can return often to see what fun we are having on our walks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails