Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!!

I am so thankful to have a weekend at home and where I can actually relax by the pool. We are having no parties, or barbecues. Instead we are just having a quiet time and its wonderful. Jenn and I spent the afternoon in the pool and I had earlier prepared a wonderful, easy dinner and some sun tea. So with the heat outside turned all the way up I decided to share a great summer recipe with you, its no cook, no meat and super good for you.


I bought a spiral cutter on Amazon, its super crazy and fun. It will turn your boring cucumbers and squash into edible yummy noodle looking curls. So thats how I begin, I spiral cut my noodles and squash as my base then I added thinly cut onions, fresh corn, bell pepper, and olives then to that I add black beans and red kidney beans. You can add what ever fresh veggies you have in the garden or in the fridge. Its a great, easy summer salad.


 If you aren't vegan you can even add some feta cheese if you like. Mix everything together in a large bowl and then I add some flavored balsamic vinegar and a little sesame flavored olive oil, you can top with fresh tomatoes too but I don't add them to the big bowl as they tend to go bad quicker than everything else. A healthy, no heat, meatless meal, you can add some fruit, fresh bread and make it a whole meal!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails