Monday, April 18, 2011

From postcard to notecards!

As some of you know, I am doing a postcard exchange with some very talented artists all over the world! I found it nerve racking when I started painting my postcards though, I didn't know if the rest would send their actual postcards or do more of a completed painting. It has turned out to be a mixed bag, some staying relaxed and confident enough to send great sketched cards, while others are taking more time and producing a more finished piece. I was just confused as to what to paint, the first card I did was painted at the rehab hospital where Jennifer has therapy. Its a beautiful, Mediterranean building with beautiful grounds. I painted it and sent it to Katherine in London. I guess the hospital has a Google alert set up and when Katherine put it on the "Postcard Blog" Casa Colina was notified and I got an email asking me if they could use the painting for note cards for the hospital!! I was happy to be able to give back to a place that has given us so much, so here are the finished note cards which have my contact info on the back.
The funny thing about this story is that I am there twice a week, for the past ten years and I have painted and sketched the area many times. It took one postcard traveling to London to get them to see my blog! If you haven't checked out the blog on our postcard exchange scroll down a little ways and on the right side you will see the cute walking postcard graphic that will take you to the blog!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails