Thursday, March 05, 2009

Another UFO captured and defeated!!


I finished this little quilt up a few weeks ago. It is about 24"x 24" , I hand painted it with dyes , it was inspired by a photo I took of an Agave Succulent. I know it looks abstract but I like that about it. It is bright and cheery, I embellished the background with crystals and I did alot of thread painting. It was a great smaller project, in a new medium for me. I like the bright, bold colors of dyes, don't know if I like the fuss.



3 comments:

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Very Creative Art work! New blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Ai said...

What a fun and lovely splash of colors to this fantastic quilt!!! I would love to see how you did it... a future WIP for a future one. I did a small quilt long time ago and still have not yet finished it. I am in awe to see your quilt works.

caseytoussaint said...

This would brighten up anyone's day - and it's already done that for me! Thanks for posting it, it's lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails