Monday, May 18, 2015

Soaking up the Sun

Do you ever have those days when its just too beautiful to be cooped up in the house. The chores are calling your name but the day is calling to your very soul?

Those are the times when you need to take a few minutes to honor need. That need to take a step back and just soak it all in.
Chloe seems to understand too, lets just soak up some rays

I had that opportunity Sunday.

The sun was warm and the breeze was blowing. I grabbed my paints and ran outside to just paint the day. I was having enjoying the colors in the yard, the flowers blooming, I was so intrigued by the whole scene that my mind couldn't settle in on what I should paint. I ended up painting our dog Chloe, she did pose for a few minutes but was off chasing lizards most of the time. The rose arbor was a bit easier since it remained posed as I painted that last hour of light.

This arbor is so heavy with roses it actually broke this year and we are discussing our options for next year, I would hate to lose these roses. They look like giant ice cream cones of flowers that arch over the walkway! Have you captured a day in your yard recently? What new things did you discover ?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails