Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New art supplies!


I just love buying new art supplies, it doesn't even matter what it is, I love them. I happened to be teaching an art quilting class all about different mediums on fabric. One of my students said she found these cool pens that didn't seem to bleed on fabric and the colors were great. I decided that I needed to go get some and play. Many of you have probably already used them but I haven't so they are new and fun to me! They are called Faber-Castell Artist Brush Pens. I think they use them for coloring comic book drawings or illustrations, I guess. I opened them the other night just to peek at them and decided to try them on paper first. They are just small markers but they are waterproof and have good color that doesn't bleed when you draw over it with another marker. For instance, I did all the black lines first then colored over them with the yellow marker, nothing bled and my yellow marker is still yellow. We are trying them on fabrics to, once I wash it I will let you know how it goes! Here is my quick practice sketch of Lemons that Marta brought me from her tree.

4 comments:

dominique eichi said...

love the lemon, and I appreciate you testing these faber-castell markers.

seesue said...

I'll be interested in hearing your verdict of these on fabric. You've certainally made a good case for them on paper. Lovely style.

mARTa said...

Glad you found use for the lemons! I'm glad now that I included the foliage too! I have been pouring over the book you lent me and am so excited about finally putting the seeds and plantings into the ground. Just wish it wasn't so cold and windy today!

Joan said...

Glad you gave so much info on the markers. Maybe I'll get a set...I'm an art materials lover too. Great job on the lemon!!! I like how you textured the peel!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails