Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day


Yesterday we inaugurated a new president into office. It came with much hoopla and celebration. I must admit that although I didn't vote for him I am excited and I will pray for wisdom as he attempts to try and lead us out of this mess. Our last president was such a huge disappointment for all of us and I am glad to see him leave. This was the first time I have ever watched the inauguration ceremonies and felt proud to be an American and see all the people out to support him. He has a huge job ahead of him, he will need every ones support. Although I don't agree with him on many things he will need our prayers to do what he has to do. Here is a quick sketch I did yesterday of him laughing. Which he doesn't do much, he is always calm and I think shows great reserve and confidence. I know it doesn't look like him but I did it in about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I think it looks a bit like him, but since he doesn't smile much it is hard to tell. I felt so proud watching the ceremonies. I hope he has the strength and wisdom he needs to lead us. I voted for him, but I know nobody can work miracles overnight and we'll have to be patient.

Related Posts with Thumbnails