Friday, November 16, 2007

Life Drawing



Marta and I went to life drawing last night at the museum. It was the first time I have seen her since her trip. She showed up with olive oil and some oil pastels from her European vacation!!! These oil pastels are the same formula made for Picasso, so I am in good company but the pressure to create a masterpiece looms over these little crayons. I realized how much I missed her and our visits. We went to the mexican resuarant at the Mission Inn and had a lite dinner then walked to the museum. Since our model had not shown up someone there stepped in and posed for us! Wow, talk about throwing yourself into your job! Marta and I both agreed that she had to be pretty brave to pose for life drawing and then work there too. Then we left, I had to get home for my survivor night and she wanted to see CSI. I don't watch much tv at night but I love Survivor and I have a friend that comes over to watch it with us. This has been going on for years and the tradition continues. Here are my sketches from last night, not great but I haven't been in months and I am a bit rusty. She was quite lovely and I think she looks scarey here! My apologies to the model!!!

3 comments:

Wendee said...

That *is* pretty brave of the model. I think you're doing a great job. Now that I'm finally figuring to explore Riverside county, I realized how close you really are (duh). LifeDrawing at the Museum would be great. But I teach on Thurs nights! Argh! Will have to think of something else... Maybe while I'm on break from teaching!

Susan said...

I'm with you. I wouldn't want to model for people I'd see later! I really like the top drawing. How nice of your friend to bring you such exquisite colors!

caseytoussaint said...

Ooh - I was with Martha at Sennelier in Paris when she picked out those oil pastels. It makes me feel a connection to you! I'll be watching to see what you do with them.
What a brave girl, jumping in to be the model like that. And you did a great job - even though Marta tells us on her blog that you two had margaritas right before!

Related Posts with Thumbnails