Thursday, June 25, 2009

My quilt for the SAQA auction done!


The quilt is squarer than the picture shows, I took the picture with my phone! LOL I used collage, acrylic inks, paints, shiva paint sticks, distressing inks, raw edge applique. I like the way it turned out. As I was posting this I noticed that Jamie just posted our quilts on her blog for the Edges Exhibit she is curating at Long Beach Quilt show. Take a look at how she has assembled all 21 quilts, its pretty cool. Thanks Jamie for all your hard work on this, and Leslies too!

6 comments:

Beena said...

The butterfly looks as if it will fly right off the quilt...so real!

Desiree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desiree said...

Sorry I needed to reword that, it is a collaged piece from photos, tissue paper etc. the butterfly is a photo and I collaged it onto the quilt.

dominique eichi said...

BEAUTIFUL piece.

Joan said...

Wonderful job on this quilt!!! I love the design!

africantapestry said...

A Stunning quilt Desiree!!Love it
ronell

Related Posts with Thumbnails