Monday, June 18, 2007

Date Night



Last Friday, Randy and I went on a date night to the Newport Hyatt hotel where they have a summer jazz concert and dinner etc. It was really wonderful and perfect weather. Ottmar Leibert was playing and I have a few of his albums so I really enjoyed myself. I took some pictures and painted the next day, the hotel had colored lights shining on them so it was very dramatic and great for painting a mood. I have done two but would like to finish the whole group. I normally don't really like the stuffiness of these kinds of places, everyone putting on an act and trying to outdo the other guy. Randy and I were talking about it over dinner and he said, " Everyone's the same, we just drive different cars" I think that a great statement and so true but I don't know if I feel that way because we drive a handicapped van!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails