What? You don't feel like that?To help you start each day of the rest of your life with enthusiasm here are 3 tips to start using today.
1. Start by finding things to be grateful for, I know you have heard this before but it really works. What you dwell on comes to pass. So if you have a tendency to dwell on the negative side of life try finding something good to focus on as you start your day. For some of you this will take some practice but thats okay! Start small and trust me it will get easier. When you can change your thinking habits from finding the bad to seeing the good the glass does end up being 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty.
2. Learn to turn down those negative voices in your head. You know the ones I mean. The ones that are constantly telling you how you can't do it, that you aren't talented enough, or that you don't look good enough, aren't thin enough. The voices from our childhood that always were "looking out for our best interest" by stepping on our dreams. Learn to recognize that voice when it first appears and have a positive response. Here are some examples of the negative voice and then your retort.
- You are too old to start now, you will surely fail.
- No one is too old to get excited about life and step into their dream.
- You aren't talented enough, there are so many other people more talented than you.
- No one can say it or paint it like I can, it is uniquely my voice and my story to be told and I am the only one who can do that well.
- You are too busy, you don't have time with all your other obligations.
- I deserve to make time for me and my dreams now. I have something to say creatively and I am going to make this happen.
- You are to fearful of failing, and you probably will. Then people will make fun of you and ridicule you.
- That is a lie, everyone has the same fears and when I start to tell my story creatively I know that others will be thrilled at my courage and talents.
3. Listen to that inner creative voice that is crying out to be heard. Have you always dreamed of writing a book or learning to paint or draw, playing an instrument or learning to sing? What is crying out to be heard? Start to listen and act on this inner creative voice. You have spent all this time keeping it quiet as life got in the way, today its the beginning of a new way of life. Now take an action to start exploring your dreams. When each day begins with the promise of exploring your dreams you can't wait to begin.
So I ask you, what got you out of bed this morning? Do you approach each day with a zest for living. Knowing in your heart that something amazing is going to happen today just for you! Do you plan your day around the anticipation of it arriving or do you drag out of bed without a plan or goal? After all these years I still can't wait to get up and start something new and exciting. I don't take one minute for granted, its a gift and I will use my time to the best of my abilities.
This is your life, live it fully, start today by doing something you have been just dreaming about doing. Make it happen for yourself today!