Sunday, June 17, 2012

New projects are emerging!

I have been working on a new series of butterfly fiber art pieces. They are for a new project that is scheduled to go live the first week in July. I can't spill the beans quite yet but it should be exciting and a lot of fun as well being a great opportunity for all of you, more later on that.
The Alliance for the American Quilt has a yearly challenge, this year I did mine and I love the way it turned out. I don't know if I mentioned that we had raised some butterflies lately, from caterpillars to butterflies. The twins loved this and we spent many hours observing these amazing insects transform into their winged finale. This was my inspiration for the AAQ's challenge, we had to make a house shaped quilt approx 19"x15", so I decided to do a butterfly house. Although we didn't raise monarchs that is what I painted since they were a bit more colorful than the painted ladies we ended up with. I placed them onto Matilla poppies which are also in bloom in my yard. These quilts will go on tour around the country to build excitement and interest for the auction which will help raise money for the group. If your a member I would appreciate your vote for my quilt since the awards are based on members votes, my number is 103. The quilt is painted, beaded and quilted by me. Here is the link to the quilt and description along with the website.

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful!!! Your quilts are amazing. I can just imagine the girls watching the butterflies emerge!

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks Joan, I appreciate your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails