Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 4- almost there!




I think I am finally seeing the end of the road now, the light at the end of the tunnel. I have made my way down to the shoes and bench and even some of the bark and wood chips that are laying under the bench. I really enjoyed fussing over the metal on the bench and still have more to do. Hopefully I will finish this up tomorrow or Saturday and then just look at it for awhile making tonal adjustments and maybe fusing with the one ladies face that is still bugging me. I also will be taking the background darker. The painting is actually reading much warmer than it really is due to the lights I am using when I take the picture. Once you see the real colors you may be shocked!


- Desiree

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

This is coming out great...BRAVO!!! It is one of those paintings that will make you think about what their relationship was and what they were talking about. I love it!

Sorry you had such a difficult time in your plein air week. I'm sure when you post the paintings they will be great. We are so critical of our own work. Happy painting!

Donna Becker said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just LOVE the work you've done on this piece. I don't know what it is about these three people, but they just tickle me. I'm so enjoying your blog. Keep it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails