Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Tea Party!!

I can't say it was the best timing, 3 days before we fly out for a trade show, a million things still left to be done but it just had to happen on this day. To celebrate Mother's Day, my daughters, my friends, my students. It was a day to celebrate. I needed a soul day, a day to just do something that brings me pure joy no matter the timing.



I sewed up to the last minute and then began the clean up process and shopping. Jenn helped me decide where the tables would be, where the tea pots would be, the flowers etc. It was a fun, crazy time together picking recipes and scrambling. But as soon as we began it seemed to be here. We had sent or weather order straight to heaven and God obliged with the most beautiful day, 75 degrees. The wind was calm and the guests started to arrive. First to arrive are the close friends and family who always help with any last minute things and seem to help me pull it all together.


The doorbell continues to ring, more people now mingling around and we find our way to the well thought out tables where the party begins. The tables are full of food, flowers and tea cups. I made sure the Rose Petal Tea was hot and the Rose Petal Jam was on warm biscuits. We all start to share some of our Mothers Day memories!


After we were full and relaxing in the shade I passed out watercolor paper, water brushes and assorted art supplies to encourage everyone to create something. Some had their own sketchbooks, some had sewing, knitting and thats how the last few hours were spent. Chatting and creating beautiful things in my garden.



It was just what I needed, a dose of friends and family there celebrating our Moms! It was a gift to them as much as to myself. I hope all of you have an amazing Mother's Day and that you take the time to make a mom feel special!


1 comment:

Giddings Art said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day!! I love this!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails