Friday, September 15, 2017

Painting Akitas to raise money!

There are some very special people in my life, those who are there for us through thick and thin. The employees and our friends at Small Animal Hospital are those people. They have been there for us and Jennifer for years. They are always more than happy to help us with Jennifers dogs and anything she needs. Jennifer once worked there and formed lifetime friendships as they all worked together at saving animals daily.  I was giving the wonderful opportunity to pay it back when they needed a painting to auction off to raise money for the Akita Foundation.

Here are a few in process pictures. This is a pastel on suede mat board. I love the freedom and looseness I feel when using this substrate! I acheive a totally different feel. Layers of color, it does not blend with your finger so the color stays as applied. You end up with wonderful colors and textures. Enjoy

I am hoping that this will bring a nice price at auction to save more beautiful Akitas.












To see more of my fine art and fiber art visit my website at www.desireehabicht.com
to inquire about a pet portrait feel free to email me at desiree@desireehabicht.com





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails