Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Butterfly House




As I am busy decorating I thought I would take a minute to pop over to the Alliance for American Quilts and check out the auction fundraiser when I noticed my little butterfly house quilt is up for auction! I hope you will take a moment to check out all the amazing quilts being auctioned off for a good cause!

This little quilt was inspired by our butterfly house last spring where Jennifer, the twins and I raised some little caterpillars to adult butterflies.watching them grow and change became a wonderful teach opportunity as well as being an beautiful way to view nature. The girls fed them sugar water and when they were full they watched them fly off.

The quilt is hand painted and beaded then quilted by me. It is also signed and is an original Desiree design! I hope you have a minute to check it out!
-Desiree

2 comments:

Marilyn Fromherz said...

This is wonderful - these are the paintings I love so much from you, always bright and cheery.

Joan Tavolott said...

You always have the most unusual beautiful quilts. I love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails