Saturday, October 13, 2012

October Sketch Class

I had seven women in my sketch class today, what a wonderful day it was too! The weather was perfect for sketching on-site at the Canyon Crest Center. We parked next to a lunch place  called Jam n Bread and we could smell fresh bread cooking the whole time we painted. The tables outside the deli are set up next to a stream and Koi pond with rocks and reeds and even a bridge. There was so much information to take in and we discussed how to edit that information and put in what tells the scene the best. Watercolor takes some thought ahead of time to assure a good outcome. This was a big jump off point for my new students but they rose to the challenge and painted some great pieces. Here is my little sketch done as a demo. We then ordered our lunches and sat together at the bar and shared our paintings, discussing all the artwork that was painted today. Great Job Ladies!!

3 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

What an incredibly talented artist you are. I've always loved your fabrics and designs--but had no idea that you did watercolor. Wow--this just fills my eyes.

Joan Tavolott said...

Editing your surroundings is a great skill to teach plein air artists. I like this piece. Great to see that Jen has a service dog!

Desiree's Designs said...

Thanks Beth and Joan, so nice of you to stop by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails