Monday, August 27, 2012

Biding my time

Why is it that I don't mind caring for everyone else but I hate just laying around, being cared for, when I am sick? Randy says I am just like my mom! Stubborn and a terrible patient. For me, laying around is NO FUN, unless I feel well enough to paint or draw.  I do know that as I start to feel better I can't wait to get free from the bed or couch where I have parked myself. Once a place of comfort and rest has now started to confine me! This last day,that I have promised to stay down and rest, is finally coming to an end. At the beginning I couldn't think of drawing or reading,sleeping was it. Now I am anxious to get to work! Randy suggested that I go into Jenns room and watch a movie with her, so on my way in I grabbed a Lino block,some carving tools,a pencil and my iPad! I wanted to make some stamps of old keys for a project I am working on. Jenns bed raises up and down so I raised the head up until I was in a sitting position and proceeded to draw old keys onto my Lino block. I then carved and watched a great tear jerker movie with Jenn. I am already feeling much better as I was feeling good enough to make ART! Now all I have to do is make sure I get all the crumbs out of her bed! Here is my new stamp, I love it! If you feel good, Make Art today!



- Desiree

1 comment:

Robyn Sinclair said...

I love it too. It creates a wonderful pattern. What some people can do in bed. Amazing.
Seriously though, delighted to hear you are on the mend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails