Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas!!




It's very early on Christmas day and I have quietly made my way to the kitchen to have some quiet time before the craziness of the day begins. A time to give thanks for God's gift to us,His ultimate gift of salvation. In all the busy-ness of the season it is easy to lose sight of why we celebrate this day.

Today my house will be filled with family, gifts and good food. We will laugh a lot as we play games and visit. The noise level will never go below the roar of a low flying aircraft and the kids will be making messes in every corner. When all the festivities are over my house will resemble a battlefield of fun. I am so thankful for these crazy days of Christmas, knowing that each year we are all together should be cherished. I was trying to put together a video of Christmas's past to play throughout the day with our music. As i was going over all the photos it was a reminder as to how quickly everyone grows up! It also reminded me how much things change although they feel so "the same". Our family is forever changing, growing, multiplying, dividing, dying.
This year is hard for us as Randy's parents are not doing well, his mom with dementia and his dad with pneumonia. So many years a part of our Christmas day celebration, we now are running down early to see them before Christmas. My mom,still weak from surgery, unable to travel,so we will go to her after Christmas but they all will be missed so much this year at our table.
With the baking done,Blake's stocking finished, the decorations complete and before my day begins, I wanted taking a few minutes with you to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope and pray that your time together with friends and family is filled with love and laughter and many, many wonderful memories.






- Desiree

2 comments:

Marilyn Fromherz said...

You are an early bird as I am all year. I usually take an early walk at daylight. So glad you will have your family around for a wonderful day of celebration. My daughter and grandson are down with the flu, so we will be by ourselves this Christmas for the first time in anytime I can remember. We have good food prepared, movies to watch and enjoy each other for a quiet day. A very Merry Christmas and to all you. Next year will be wonderful.

Joan Tavolott said...

It is hard when thins change and we can not be with all of those we love at Chhristmas! Ceris the moments when you ca. Enoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails