Monday, July 04, 2011

Testing aquabord

Testing aquabord by ddhabicht
Testing aquabord, a photo by ddhabicht on Flickr.

I love the idea of a watercolor surface that accepts paint the same as paper but doesn't require blocking. It would be wonderful for plein aire although, as I found with the pasteboard, the larger sizes get very heavy. I wish it was on gatorboard instead. I seemed to fight the surface a bit but it was the first one so I think it's too early to vote. This would be nice for framing and at 6"x6" the size paints up quickly.

2 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

You may have been "fighting" the board a bit but you couldn't tell it from the painting. It is lovely.

Charlene Brown said...

I don't think it's too early to vote at all! I'd never heard of aquabord, but I think it passes the test beautifully. Desiree, this is a stunning painting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails