Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sub Q's newest meeting and challenge

I belong to an art quilt group called Sub Q, Subterranean Quilters, meaning we had to go underground to do art quilts! LOL Our challenge last month was to interpret a fortune cookie that was handed out to each member. We had a month to do an 18"X24" quilt to bring to our June meeting. We had a wonderful time revealing each quilt and reading our fortunes. The actual fortune had to be somewhere on the quilt top. Then Ann, Debbie and Nancy shared a technique they had learned and we all worked on another small quilt at the meeting. Such a great time. 





I decided to paint my quilt top after I drew some of the hats I wear.

Then Painted



Then attached my fortune

Then I quilted and made a new price tag for the fortune, that I also wrote; My Life, Priceless

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails