Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Create Art Applique class in Costa Mesa

I met some amazing women and sadly only got to visit with each of them for a few hours. I love the opportunity to teach in these venues and meet lots of creative, artsy people. Being an artist almost forces you into a bit of a hermit like existence. Locked away in my studio or on location I get into a zone, my own little place where I create. I find that I often even talk myself, sometimes good, sometimes bad depending on how things are turning out. We did my colored pencil technique on pre-quilted blocks. It is a lot of fun and can be very relaxing if it hadn't been for the pounding of metal in the next room.  Seems as though we were placed next door to the metal embossing class and they banged on their bracelets and charms all class long. We laughed about it as we were often trying to talk over the noise coming from that room, good thing I wasn't trying to play music! So much for their Zen experience. Here are some pictures of my class working on the project.




The pictures turned out a bit yellow due to the lighting in the room. I also was filmed by Jen Mason from Cloth Paper Scissors for a snippet on their website! Hope all of you had a great day today!

If any of you would like to order a pre-quilted block just email me and I will send you pricing, I have these larger blocks and then smaller 6"x6" blocks!

2 comments:

Helen Percy Lystra said...

What fun -- if I lived closer I'd take one of your workshops. I agree, we tend to be hermits so getting out with classes and workshops is always a good thing

Desiree's Designs said...

I would love to have you in a workshop, what fun!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails