Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finishing up my SAQA Auction Quilt for 2011


Every year the SAQA, Society of Art Quilters Association, holds an amazing auction. It is filled with hundreds of mini quilts from famous and well known art quilters. They begin with an amount which continues to drop over the week if the quilt does not sell. Read more on their blog, the auction is in Sept. I find that most of the quilts go very quickly. I love the whole auction process, the excitement of seeing if my bid has won. I hope you will mark your calendars.  This little mini quilt is done with bleach discharging, pen, hand painted silk and threads. Does the butterfly look like its floating about the wood?

I have so many projects on my work table I can't see straight. I am trying to finish them up so I can get back to doing some artwork for my portfolio. I love the whole process of being creative, what are you working on today?

Saturday is the first day of a nine day plein air paint out and its supposed to be pouring rain. Should be interesting and I think I need to rethink my materials and medium. Randy has offered to be my umbrella holder! LOL

4 comments:

Joan said...

I love the butterfly...just gorgeous. I am constantly amazed by your talent. Sorry the weather for your paint out may be a wash. The Weather Channel showed the whole west coast having rain. I'm jealous that all of you are doing the postcard exchange, and I'm not. I keep popping in to see what everyone has posted, and the work is wonderful.

Marilyn Fromherz said...

Beautiful Butterfly! I too have so much to do and complete before we leave again. Working on small quilts for Gallery showing in March, Challenge for QOTW, baby quilt for family and learning my new Pfaff CV machine. So much to do, never enougt time.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Love the butterfly... you are amazing.

Pat said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails