Saturday, May 30, 2009

Paris


After the farmhouse making the transition back to the city proved to be very hard. So many people and the noise again, but we soon adjusted and got into the swing of museums and churches, cafes and shopping! Paris was so different from Rome, the people, the feel of it. I can't really put my finger on it but it went beyond the obvious. In Paris people were much more dressed, they were also a bit more reluctant to help. The city was beautiful and we soon discovered why people fall in love here. Most of my sketches in Paris are on heavily journals pages so I will be sharing the few that are just sketches, mostly done in the Louvre and in the park outside the Louvre. The museum has and incredible Egyptian Exhibit that I enjoyed sketching in pencil.
















I am sorry that I don't have more things to share in Paris, I will be doing some paintings from all the pictures we shot and I will share then. One thing I did try to do was to capture some of the people, in a different small sketchbook I drew some of the people, here are four of those drawings.

6 comments:

Joan said...

Desiree - Great sketches and paintings of Paris!!! I love the first one and the sketches of the people. Will you post the other paintings somewhere?

Shirley said...

Wonderful watercolor of Paris - isn't it a beautiful City? Wouldn't you consider posting one of your heavily journaled pages? Most of us would love to see how you combined the elements of your travel sketching with recording memories.

Beena said...

More wonderful sketches! Can't wait to see the paintings!

Beth Niquette said...

What beautiful sketches. Such a flow of line and simplicity of movement. Absolutely wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry I missed you!! I thought May was going to be OK, and then suddenly evrything bottlenecked...
but I'm glad to see your sektches and hear about the fun you had. although, I'm sorry for the downside you've experienced in Paris...I lower my head in shame!
Your sketches are wonderful, I especially enjoy these people sketches and yes, some of those jourbal ones?
Ronell

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Great Sketches and paintings. Makes me want to go

Related Posts with Thumbnails