Monday, July 07, 2008

Two hour challenge


I belong to a watercolor group online and we set challenges up weekly. It is great fun to have such a rich selection of photos to pick from each week. These are meant to challenge us to try things we don't normally do, whether it is a different medium, style or subject. This week I managed to fit in 3 quick paintings. This one was a boating scene from Roger's photo group. I cropped out one boat and focused on it and the surrounding water which I have never painted. It was a great stretch for me, I obviously need more practice at it. This painting was done in about 1 hour. Its really about just making myself try and paint or draw something everyday, another challenge. Have a great Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Terrific painting, you achieved sun filled water very well.

RogerPf said...

Nicely done, Desiree.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Well done... and your painting every day challenge is a good one to set up for yourself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails